Monday, December 31, 2007

Is it over yet?

So, New Year's Eve. Thank god. I'm so ready for this year to be over, it's not even funny. I can, without hesitation, say that this has been the absolute worst year of my life. Sure, there was good times, and there were times that it seemed great, but overall: worst. I just really can't wait for it to strke midnight tonight and I can say goodbye to 2007 forever. And I really hope that 2008 starts to look up for me, because I really can't handle another year like this. But! I'm not going to just wish it to happen and be sad when it doesn't get better. I've already made some life changes and will be looking to do more after the new year. I know you're probably asking yourself "what sort of life changes is she talking about?" Well, my friends, I shall tell you!

First off, it has been 44 days since I smoked my last cigarette. I had been smoking since I was 15 and earlier this year, I had tried to cut back and was doing well until this fall. Then I was up to over a pack a day again and couldn't really make myself smoke any less. I was in a bad place and knew I couldn't keep smoking as much as I was, so I made a doctor's appointment and got myself on Chantix. I was on it for 1 month and was done smoking after my 3rd week. I sincerely would recommend this to anyone who is serious about quitting smoking. If I can do it, you can, too! So, go-go healthy lungs!

Another change that I made, that was not voluntary but happened as a side effect to my misery, is that I lost weight, so yay. I'm wearing pants I haven't worn in well over a year and some I haven't worn in 2 years. I feel better about myself and want to work on fitting into some more pants I have stashed away in my closet that I haven't worn since before I had Jackson, so this brings me to one of the changes that will take affect in the near future:

I'm going to be joining a gym. What better way to stay in shape and feel good about myself than to join a gym and work out every day? I was hoping to start this back in November, but money has been tight and I couldn't justify the $40 a month yet, so I'm going to be starting that hopefully in early February when I have some extra money.

Other, non-life changing things that I've done would include learning to crochet, which is my new addiction. I started crocheting 9 days ago and have made 2 scarves and 1.5 fingerless gloves (I finished the left one and am 1/2 way done with the right). I watch entirely too much TV and felt that I was wasting so much time by doing this, so I decided that crocheting would be a nice hobby to do while I watch TV, so I don't feel like such a slacker. I really hope I don't tire of this, and I honestly think that I won't. I think this will be something that I will keep with for a while. And! once I get better at crocheting, I will hopefully teach myself to knit!
I know, I know. You're probably thinking "Neat..." but I am probably the most un-crafty person there is and never really would have pegged myself as someone who would do this as a pasttime, but man, do I love it!

Also, now that I'm going to FINALLY be getting a kitchen table (after 14 months....), I will be baking more and am going to take a stab at cake decorating. I'm not very artistic, so we'll see how that goes. I will, at the very least, be trying out new recipes and will hopefully make a blog about it (and, perhaps one for my new love, Mr. Crochet). I also would like to start to be more adventurous with my cooking, so be on the lookout for pictures of nummy food in the future!

So, to recap: 2007 can DIAF and helllooooo 2008, a year that will hopefully hold many good surprises for me! I plan to ring in the New Year with a clear mind and an open heart and hope that the stroke of midnight will wash away all the bad so I have room in my life for all the good.

Happy New Year, everyone!

^_^

Music pick for the Day: "Goodbye to You" by Michelle Branch
Beverage pick for the Day: mmmmm, coffee
Socks for the Day: black and pink knee highs

0 comments: