Thursday, December 28, 2006

Doot

So, it's been a while since I've updated this thingy. Life has been pretty meh and nothing has really happened that has made me go "Say, I should write in my blog about this!", which, is pretty sad. Scott has gone from crazy back to semi-normal to crazy to semi-normal throughout the course of the last month, so /cheer for being a semi-normal kick right now! Hmm... what else?
Last weekend was Scott's weekend for Jackson, so I decided to take off Friday as well as the following Tuesday to give myself a nice 5 day weekend. I was pretty /bored all weekend, due to Jackson being gone on Christmas Eve Eve and Christmas Eve. But, I had friends over to keep me entertained and to watch some VM goodness with me on Christmas Eve Eve. Christmas Eve was teh suck, though. Boo for cramps and no Midol! Although, I did end up finding some Midol after spending 4 hours in a fetal position on the couch. After the drugs kicked in, I went and hung out with Crystal and Adam and had inappropriate discussions about socks and airplanes. Good times.

Christmas Day, I was all set to go to my sister's house to spend the day with my family at about 1pm. Then, Scott called and said that he wasn't going to be going to Beaver Dam and that I had to pick Jackson up from Scott's grandma's house at 2:30 to take him with me instead of having him dropped off at Suzie's around 4. So, I did not get to Suzie's until after 3, and then ended up leaving at 7:30. It's kinda sad that Christmas isn't the same anymore. We all have kids/families and it just seems to be more a hassle now. It shouldn't feel like a chore to get all of us together 1 day out of the year. I miss my family. :(

Hmm... yeah. I think I'm out of discussions again. Perhaps I will post more later, if I get the urge. But, for now, I leave you with an interesting article.

Music pick for the Day: "Where Does the Good Go?" by Tegan & Sara
Beverage for the Day: Cherry Coke
Socks for the Day: Light blue and yellow argyle knee highs

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Often I approach family get togethers with the "this is a chore" mentality but once there I realize I really like these people and it's not a chore and the time flies. I think maybe we get thinking in that chore mentality and it takes us a bit before we realize that family can sometimes be fun. As is tradition.

/hugs
/love
/thinks Scott is super crazy