Tuesday, January 02, 2007

....ow

So, Happy New Year?
HA!
Let's see! Where shall I begin!!? So, New Year's Eve was pretty good times. Hung out with the posse, played some games, good times were had. New Year's Day.. yeah, not so much!
So, New Year's Day. I slept until noon (which, is something that very rarely happens in Karen-world) and then went to go get Jackson from my parents' house. So, I'm driving along, minding my own business, everything is going good! I'm THREE BLOCKS from my parents' house and BAM! Some retard prison guard smacked into the front end of my car. My open soda that was in the cup holder was launched across the dash and coated my iPod and iPod holder in Cherry Coke goodness, and then took it's final resting place at my feet... along with my cigarettes, my lighter, my hat, my gloves and numerous other things that were in the front seat with me. The contents of my trunk were now in my back seat, due to the impact and the force of the crap in my trunk pushing the seat down. Thankfully, Jackson was not yet in the car with me.
After I realize what had actually happened, I get out of my car, walk over to the ass-cock who hit me and said "SERIOUSLY!?!?!" Although, in the defense of the guy with the obviously small penis, he was nice to me and made sure I was ok and let me use his cell phone to call my dad to let him know I'd be a teeny bit late. So, the cops show up, make sure I'm ok, take my information and find out what happened. The accident was clearly his fault, just from looking at the position of the vehicles. So, the nice policemen make it very clear to me that douche-ass would be the one cited in the report as causing the accident. So, they call a tow truck, I get a ride to my dad's from the nice policeman, and wait around for 3 hours before I can go home. Thankfully, my sister and brother in law are two of the most awesome people I know and they are letting me borrow their car until all the insurance crap goes through and I can get a rental/new car. During the 3 hours I was at my dad's, I was pretty much a wreck and bawling. I'd never been in an accident before, and I'm pretty much a cry-baby, so it's not totally out of character that I'd cry after my car (which, I only had THREE MORE PAYMENTS ON) was plowed into by a window-licking, walking penis (I know, it sounds really weird, but it's eerily accurate!). So, after I calm down, we call Roger (our family friend/insurance man) and tell him what's up. Finally, Mike shows up with a car for me to use and I get home at about 5:15.
Now, this whole time, I feel fine. A bit shook up, but that's expected. I look in the mirror later and see a mark on my neck from where my necklace dug into my skin. "Huh. I guess I did get thrown around a bit", I think to myself as I inspect the weird necklace mark. So, at this point, I know I was jolted from the accident, but still don't feel any pain or anything. As the night goes on, I get a headache and my neck gets kind of stiff, but not bad at all. "I can so deal with this", I thought to myself.
You know? I hate when I think I can deal with something and then be totally wrong about it. HATE.
I wake up today, and I was soooo stiff and sore, it was a chore to get out of bed. My neck was sore, my shoulders, my upper back, my chest. ...ow. I took 2 hours off of work today to go get checked out to make sure I'm ok. I go to the walk-in clinic at my hospital and got the doctor that I expected to get. He was in by me for less than 2 minutes and prescribed me 3 drugs: pain killers, muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory drugs. And, the pain killers and muscle relaxers cause drowsiness, so I don't get to take those until after I leave work tonight. Right now, I'm just trying my best not to move too fast or too much, for fear of crying out in pain and freaking Althea out.

And, on top of the accident, Jackson was sick last night and couldn't sleep (he was coughing sooo hard and his belly hurt.. I felt completely useless. No special mommy power to make it go away... it broke my heart. :( ).

So, yeah. New Year's FTL.

Music pick for the Day: "Santeria" by Sublime
Beverage pick for the Day: Bottled water
Socks for the Day: Black and gray argyle knee highs

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Poor Moonkin. I'm so sorry to hear about your crap new years and the crap accident with Mr. Wall Licking Penis.
/comfort
/snuggles the Jackson
I hope you're feeling better, little man.
/hands him a stuffed animal
And I hope the drugs and meds make you feel oodles better very soon.