Wednesday, January 24, 2007

("\(O.o)/")

Wednesday. Blah. Who needs Wednesdays, really? I mean, I almost feel bad for the Wednesday. It's not the beginning of the week, it's not the end of the week, it's not the weekend... it's just Wednesday. Kinda the Switzerland of days, really. The Neutral day. It's not as cool as Friday/Saturday/Sunday, obviously. But, it's not as bad as Monday/Tuesdays, since it's closer to Friday/Saturday/Sunday than Monday/Tuesday are. But, it's still a step down from Thursday, which is the pre-Friday, or, as I like to call it, Friday Eve.
Wednesday, *sigh*, why can't you be cool like your sister, Friday Eve?

But, speaking of things my boss said to me today... >.> I get into work today, and after our quasi-meeting, my sup/manager Jeni comes to my cube and says she has exciting news. The company who created/updates/maintains our billing system has agreed to do a 3 day conference with 12 Charter employees to go over pretty much everything collections/scheme related.
"Wow", I say. "That's pretty fancy! Are you one of the twelve?"
Jeni says "Yes, and I'm hoping I can get you to go with me!"
"Rawr," I say.
So, this 3 day conference is set to occur in May, after the AR summit in St. Loius, so I'd almost get a kinda of mini vacation in May! We'll just have to wait and see if Jeni can convince Mike that I need to go with her. *crosses her fingers*

And, for some reason, the word "rawr" has been in my head today. I used the Rawr! tag on our forum today and it got me thinking "How wide-spread is rawr?" Google knows! So, I Google rawr, and find an Urban Dictionary entry for Rawr. My favorties are below:

more sexually oriented version of the word "roar"
Girl: Boy, you are so sexy
Boy: Rawr!

a primitive sound emitted while becoming aroused during the process of sexual intercourse.
RAWR nice cock!!
RAWR i wanna SEX u

a sexy sort of growling sound
"I rawred at him cutely"

a word used to describe feelings of random anger or boredom.
Dude! Are you going to the mall with me? RAWR Um, what's wrong with you?

A word often uttered by zombies and other types of undead. Its inflection and context can give it many different meanings, and in the Zombie language, rawr has a myriad of uses.
"Rawr...ungh...brain s....rawr..."
"Um...aren't you guys at all concerned about the zombies everywhere?"
"Rawr....UNGH, BRAAAAAAIIIIINNNSSS!!!!&q uot;"
"Naw man, we got bats. Don't worry. It's all good."

To make you seem more scary.
RawR! I will eat your first born.

The sound the cats make. Also a sound the kids with too much engery make because, well, because they can.
"How are you doing Mary?"
"RAWR!!!"
"...wow"

1. an expression of surprise or disgust
2. a replacer for the word love
3. an expression of happiness
4. replacer for the word cool
ex 1. rawr!!! i can't get this phone to work!!!
ex 2. i rawr u honey
ex 3. rawrrrrr i'm so happy!!
ex 4. she is so rawr

And, my favorite:
1) A sexual sound.
2) ("\(O.o)/") <---- Rawr
1)Girl: You're so hawt!
Boy: Rawr!!
2) This is Rawr ---> ("\(O.o)/")

So, all in all, this Wednesday has been pretty good! I find out I may go on a business trip AND I learn something new about "rawr" from the internetz. Woot, I say! WOOT!

^_^

Music Pick for the Day: "There's a Girl" by the Ditty Bops
Beverage for the Day: Cherry Coke
Socks for the Day: yellow, gray, white, and black stripped fuzzy socks

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

/rawr

It says so much with so little.