Sunday, July 27, 2008

...don't tell the Elf

Hidey ho, people! In case you hadn't noticed, I've been kind of neglecting my blogging lately (well, aside from my "WATCH DR. HORRIBLE" posts, but those don't count). One reason is that I haven't had much to update on. The other reason is that I am horribly lazy and unmotivated! ^_^

This weekend, I decided to re-watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy with Jackson (he made it through most of FotR and then gave up on me). I seriously need to do this more often! (and, yes, Crystal, I will plan ahead next time and invite you!) I know that I love the movies, but I forget sometimes just how much I really love them. I still cry like a baby at so many parts, and I basically spend half of Return of the King teary eyed. Well, and The Two Towers... don't even get me started on Helm's Deep... dammit. I'm now tearing up again just thinking about it. When Gandalf arrives with the Rohirrim.... my god, that's a fantastic scene. *gets a tissue* So beautiful.

And can I just say that EVERY TIME I watch RotK and see Gothmog, I keep expecting him to say "Hey you guuys!". Does he not look eerily like Sloth from "The Goonies"? I can't be the only one who sees it! They are like twins!!
gothmog.jpg sloth.jpg

I think that if Gandalf had just offered Gothmog a Baby Ruth, things may have turned out a little differently!

Also, it's Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, so I know what I'll be doing this week! I'm watching a Mythbusters marathon right now and they are showing the old Shark week episodes. I can't wait to see what they have this time around. Also, I'm looking forward to whatever dirty jobs Mike Rowe does. I rewatched an episode of Dirty Jobs while I was at my parents' house today and Mike totally took his shirt off. *sigh* More episodes need to include a shirtless Mike Rowe. Mmmmm... dirrty Mike Rowe, with two r's. /rawr

AND! 12 more days until the opening ceremonies of the 2008 Summer Olympics!! I'm going to be on vacation with my family, but will be driving to Madison to continue the tradition of oogling the pretty boys from around the world with my closest friends and fellow peen-lovers. Fondue, Eastern European gymnasts and world-class male swimmers? Yeah. That's gonna be a good day. Also, you can expect updates from me for 2 weeks, to confess my undying love for the beautiful men of the XXIX olympiad. Mmmm... /rawr again!

Ok. I think that's about it for now. There is more I could say, but it's bath time for the Jackson and I have laundry to fold and TV to watch. Farewell, peeps!

Music Pick for the Day: Bascially everything from Dr. Horrible (thanks Myrt for the soundtrack! I <3s it!)
Beverage Pick for the Day:
lemonade

Socks for the Day:
none. Totally sockless and feeling kind of weird about it.


Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments: