Monday, November 17, 2008

Bluebells and sleighbells and something with mittens...

/snuggles her blanket
It's attempting to snow outside, and this is the most I've seen it snow yet this year. Nothing is sticking to the ground yet, but just the flurries whizzing around outside are enough to get me into my wintery goodness spirit. A lot of people dislike snow, or rather, a lot of people dislike driving in snow. However, I love so much about snow that I'm willing to forgive the poor driving conditions it brings. And now, my favorite things about snow:

1.) It's fun! Building snowmen, making snow angels, sledding... what's not to love??
2.) It's winter! And what happens in winter? Christmas. And what's great about Christmas? EVERYTHING! Decorations, lights, trees, eggnog, cookies, music, 24 hours of A Christmas Story...I could go on, but I won't.
3.) It's pretty! Imagine a Thomas Kinkade snowytime picture and that's basically my perfect setting. Snowy, peaceful, and beautiful. It just makes me happy on the inside to think about it. Add that with some hot cocoa, blankets, and a good movie, and you have every Friday night during the winter months for me. Well, except that I don't actually live on a peaceful street...I just imagine that's what it looks like outside.
4.) It's cold! Well, I'm always cold, but that doesn't mean that I don't like the cold. On the contrary, I love the cold, since it allows me to wear fun mittens and scarves and hats and coats. Yay, winter clothes!

Ok. Off to daydream some more about wonderful winter.

^_^

0 comments: