Monday, November 24, 2008

Cake or blerg... Um, cake, please!

Well, that weekend did not go at all like I planned! And, not in a good way, either.

Friday was great; I got done with work, and headed to Fusion with the Amie and Myrt for a drink. I had a She Devil martini and it was delicious! We then headed to Country Kitchen for foodage and I attempted to eat my weight in pancakes and failed miserably. Crsytal joined us for foodage and we had a great time! After I was stuffed, we went back to Crystal and Adam's and played Little Big Planet until about 10:30 and that was a blast! I totally need to get a PS3 so that I can play this game all of the time. Seriously, most fun I've had in a long time with a console video game; its funness rivals that of Mario Kart in my book, and I love me some Mario Kart action. So, after that, I headed home, played some WoW, then went to bed.

Saturday, I woke up in a great mood and was ready for a day of gaming goodness. I left my house at 1pm, to head to Crystal's...and my car wouldn't start. Like, really super wouldn't start. So, I didn't freak out yet; I went and asked Tanya if she had jumper cables, which she did not, so I then called Amie to come over with hers to see if we could get my car to make a noise beyond clicking. Myrt and Amie arrive with jumper cables...and still my car just clicks. This is the part of the story where Karen starts to really freak out. I called my sister Suzie to see if I could come and get her Grand Am to use, since I wasn't sure what was wrong with my car and didn't want to be carless Monday morning, so Amie drove me to Beaver Dam so I could pick up the car. I hung out at Suzie's for a bit that afternoon, and that helped to calm my nerves, and then I headed to Waupun to visit the parents since I was in the area. I got home at about 5pm and spent the rest of the night moping, playing WoW and watching movies. So, not at all the Saturday I had anticipated. /sad

Sunday morning, I was still feeling down about it all, but forced myself to be optimistic. Myrt had thought that eventhough the jump didn't help, it could still be a dead battery; just a really super dead one. So, Amie and Myrt once again came over, this time with battery chargers, to try my luck with that before I called someone to tow it and look at it on Monday. I started my car charging at about 3pm and hung out with Jackson/played WoW the rest of the day. I kept myself in pretty good spirits for the day, trying to remain optimistic about my poor, dead car. At about 6pm, I went to check the charger and it still read dead. However, they did tell me that it can take a long time to charge, so I left it plugged in and went back to hanging with the J-man. We watched Alvin and the Chipmunks and snuggled. Then he took a bath, we read a story and he headed to bed at 9. After I tucked him in, I went to check the meter again, not expecting it to say anything other than it had before...but what's this? The gauge moved??? Could it be working??????

So, I pranced back inside and told Tanya the news. I wasn't getting my hopes up, but my optimism seemed to be paying off! I decided to let it go until I was ready for bed, and then try to start it. I keep myself preoccupied with the season finale of True Blood and the Colbert Christmas special (both of which were fantastic, btw. I need to get the soundtrack to the Colbert Christmas! Too funny, it was!!), and I got my death knight to about 1/2 way through level 62. I was starting to think that sleep would be good at about midnight, so I went back out again to check the meter. It hadn't moved since the last time I'd come out, but I figured I might as well try it, just to see. I unplug the charger, shut the hood, and get in the car. I take out my key, put it in the ignition...turn the key...and....IT STARTED!!!! I was so happy. Beyond happy. Ecstatic! I ran into the house to freak out to Tanya that my car was alive again! I then told her that I was going to sit outside for a bit, just to listen to it run. It was almost as magical as a baby's laugh. Best. Sound. EVER!

Needless to say, I had a hard time falling asleep last night. I was so full of WOOOOOHOOOOOness that I just couldn't fall asleep. I didn't fall asleep until after 2, and almost got myself out of bed at 6:15, but decided to press snooze a bit this morning instead. Had I known that it snowed last night after I went to sleep, I would have gotten up right away. While I was unprepared for the snow, I welcome the prettiness!

So, while my weekend was pretty crappy and although I have been in an overly meh and blerg mood lately, today I am pretty content and happy with everything in my life. I still feel a bit...off, as though something is missing, but I'm working on a few new changes that I hope will help me be me again. First of which is kind of a frivilous thing (fancy new cell phone with web access..../rawr), but it's going to make me all ^_^, so it may just be enough to kick my butt out of Glumville. I'll update once I have my shinies this weekend!

Ok. That's all for now. I'm getting better at this updating thing again, so hopefully I keep up with it this time!

Toodles!

^_^


Music Pick for the Day: "My Moon My Man" by Feist (my new favorite vocalist..I have to look into getting more music by her)
Beverage for the Day: water
Socks for the Day: black with tourquoise polka dots

blog comments powered by Disqus