Friday, November 10, 2006

/e needs a hug

So, I've been in my new apartment for one week. One whole week! I must say, I am really digging my apartment, and Jackson likes it, too, so /cheer! However, I only wish that my week had been happier. I'd spent the majority of this past week depressed and sad.
When we decided over a month ago to split up, we did so on good terms, with the hope that we could remain friends and still be part of each others lives. For a few weeks after the break up, we'd been talking more than we had for the last 6 months of our relationship. It was nice, and it made it seem like we may have been able to pull off being friends.
Fast forward to last Friday. I had spent the day moving boxes with Amie to my new apartment, then we celebrated by having some cheap wine (thanks, Amie!!). While we were hanging out, Scott calls and he was crying. Not being able to really talk to him while I had company over, I told him I'd call him back after she left. Well, Amie ended up staying until about 12:30, so after she left, I called his house and he was already asleep. I called him again on Saturday morning and asked him what was wrong. His response: "Nothing. I'm over it now". And this, ladies and gentlemen, is typical Scott. Frustrating, to say the least. Also, Saturday was the day that I was moving the majority of my things from his house to my apartment. For the rest of the day, he was very cold to me when we spoke, as though I had done something to upset him.
Skip ahead to Sunday: Jackson's birthday. Scott comes over for dinner and birthday activities. I pick him up, we get to my apartment, order food, eat. After we are done eating, I go to sit on the chair in my living room. Scott, on the couch, asks me to come sit by him. Jackson was by him, playing with his new Leapster, so I went to sit on the couch to watch Jackson play. Scott scoots over by me, puts his arm around me to cuddle and starts running his fingers through my hair. WHA?!?! I was all "Um, remember when you NEVER did this when we were together?". His response: "So why are you complaining?". UM... BECAUSE WE'RE NOT TOGETHER! At this point, I get up to get something to drink and then go back to sitting in the chair. It starts to get late, so he says goodbye to Jackson and me. I give him a hug (I'm a hugger, I like to hug people), and he leans in for a kiss. So, I give him a quick peck and get my coat on to take him home. Can we say "awkward"??

Then, Monday, he's back to being distant and cold to me. Big surprise. Tuesday, however, he calls me at midnight "just to talk". Apparently his "just to talk" is the same as "talk about how horny I am and that I could totally go find a chick and get laid". Yeah. That's what I want to talk to my ex about: him banging some whore that he'd find at the bar. Thanks for that mental image, Scott. I shall be sure to get some brillo pads at the store so I can scrub that image from my brain. Although, after his "I'm horny" talk, we did actually talk about actual stuff, like work and the like, so maybe we'll be able to do this whole "friends" thing. Maybe. We'll see.

I just hope that I can be happy again. I hate being depressed.
*sigh*
I need a hug.
:(

Music pick for the Day: "Sugar" by System of a Down
Beverage for the Day: Cherry Coke *shock!*
Socks for the Day: Black and white striped knee-highs

2 comments:

moonshower said...

I would hug you :)

Stephanie said...

Oooh..how about some Amie/Moon team hug action? How hot is that?!? DANG HOT! Like sexy Abe Lincoln hot! SIRIUSLY.

/hugs