Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Plain

Well, this morning I went to pick up the keys to my new apartment. Very exciting! Got up early, picked up my keys at 9am and started work at 9:30. Tonight after work, Suzie and Mike are coming up to help me start moving stuff, like my bed and clothes. Then, we shall hang up all my clothes and it will be super fun!

So, starting to move is one reason I worked earlier today. The other reason was because we had a department lunch today at Cool River at 11:30. So, instead of coming in at 11 and taking my lunch a half an hour later, I decided to come in early so the day wouldn't drag on longer than normal. Anyway, we go to lunch today and Chris and Curt were already there, sitting at the bar. They had decided to take a half day today so they could drink while we had our lunch and will be spending the rest of the day playing video games. *jealous* So, we sit at the bar, smoking it up and chit chatting, then we go and order. I ordered a grilled chicken salad, and since I'm a picky eater, I requested to have no tomatoes or cheese on my salad. Now, in my mind, you'd think it would be easier to make a plain salad as opposed to a salad pilled with random "normal" salad toppings. I do understand that they have a normal way of making salads, so it's easier to make them all the same, but it just irks me that 9 times out of 10 when I special order my salad, it ends up not being done special. So, I picked off the tomatoes, onions, and tried to get as much of the finely shredded cheese off of my salad, but was unsuccessful at removing the majority of the sticky cheese. I ate what I could, but ended up not finishing it (plus, I was not very hungry to begin with, hence the only ordering a salad). After I had gotten up to go to the bar to smoke again, the waiter comes up to me and apologized for the salad coming with toppings when I had requested otherwise (I didn't say anything about it being wrong and had to tell others to not say anything, as I don't like making a fuss and just kind of deal with things). I think he figured it out from the pile of toppings that I put on Tammy's extra plate, as well as my unfinished cheesy salad. I told him it was fine and that I'm used to it by now, but he brought out a plain salad for me, which I did appreciate. So, thanks waiter-man for trying to make it right with me. It's not very often that restaurants will acknowledge an error and remedy it without someone complaining. You're the bestest! ^_^

Now, to work on stupid MI accounts for the rest of the day and then go lay on the floor of my new, empty apartment. Why?
Because it's mine. And I can.


Music pick for the Day: "18 and Life" by Skid Row (curse you VH1 Classic Rock!) (j/k I <3 you! ^_^)
Beverage pick for the Day: Wild Cherry Pepsi
Socks for the Day: Black knee highs with big, colorful polka dots

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

That was very cool of the waiter-man. You're right usually they don't notice and if they do they don't do anything about it!