Sunday, May 25, 2008

Crocodiles love skittles

It's Sunday night, the boy is in bed, and I'm bored out of my fricking mind. So, what can I do to help pass the time? Why, I can update my blog! Beware, though. I really have nothing to update on, so this will be pretty random, and most likely boring for you all, but it's helping with my boredom so deal with it.

Hmmm.. so, I watched a very entertaining indie movie today called "Wristcutters: A Love Story". I think everyone should see this movie based on the title alone. The story is about an alternate plane where people who commit suicide go to. So, I guess it's an interpretation of purgatory, in a way (wait... is it purgatory? Or one of the levels of hell? 7th circle of hell? Poop...must reread Inferno; my hell trivia is waning!). But, like all good stories about suicide and purgatory, there is a love story to tie it all together. And really, even without the love story, it'd still be a great film, for it's vision on life after death. If this isn't enough to get your roped in, I'll have to pull out the big guns: Will Arnett plays a Messiah, in a role that I would describe as an homage to GOB. He performs a "miracle", much like GOB's "illusions"...and it's freaking Will Arnett. 'Nuff said.
Go see it. Now.

Ummm... I worked for about an hour and a half today, so boo for going to work on a weekend. On the plus side, I'm almost all caught up again after my fiasco from the last few weeks that got me behind on my regular work, so a big woop woop to that. Now I don't have to be back until Tuesday, and then I only work 4 days. Wait a sec... for the next two weeks, I only have 4 day work weeks. That is fantastic! Yay long weekends! My 2nd long weekend will be to go to the zoo with Jackson, my sisters, and alllll the nieces and nephews. Yay animals! I shall be sure to take extra pictures of the red pandas and monkeys!

Speaking of pictures, I'm starting to use my Flickr! account more. I uploaded the pics of my b-day decorations from work, as well as some random pics I took at work (yay animal crackers!). So, if you like to stalk my online pics, go ahead and bookmark my Flickr! I'll probably be using this for more of the random pics I take, and then still use my Picasa for pics of people. That should work quite nicely.

I also played Mario Kart Wii for like 2 hours today, and then for about a 1/2 an hour after the J-man got home. He gets frustrated when he loses, especially since we were racing online, so we only did 2 races before I let him play Super Mario Galaxy instead. He played that while I cooked dinner (lemon chicken, green beans and rice... mmm mmmm mmmmmm. One day I'll have a man to cook for, or to make cook for me. Ah, a daydream for another day.)

And, that's about all I did today. Tomorrow, Jackson and I will be hanging out with my dad all day. If the weather is nice, we'll be going fishing in the morning and hopefully I'll be able to take some pretty pictures. Later in the day, after my mom is done with work, we'll be having a cookout, and maybe I'll convince them to go to the marsh with me for a walk, so I can take some more pretty pics!

Hmmmm... what else? ummmm... Crystal and Myrt came over Saturday afternoon to watch the last 4 episodes of Angel, and I made lots and lots of cupcakes! I had already eaten like 7 cupcakes Friday night, so I super didn't need to make cupcakes yesterday...but, sometimes I get the baking itch and can't really say no to myself. Blerg, cupcakes, blerg!!!

Ok. I'm still bored, and I'm sure you are super bored now from having read this. So, I will leave you with a video of Stephen Colbert telling Jon Stewart about alligators. If you don't find this funny, then you're probably super lame. Or a marshmallow.


Music pick for the Day: "Creep" by Radiohead
Beverage pick for the Day: Water
Socks for the Day: None. My feet are naked. How hot is that?

blog comments powered by Disqus