Saturday, May 24, 2008

I should be sleeping

...but I can't! I went to see Rilo Kiley tonight and I'm all giddy and RAAAAAAAH! right now. Me thinks I had too many cupcakes, thus too much sugar. Hopefully I will be coming down from my sugar high soon so that I can get some sleep. I have a big weekend ahead of me, full of slacking and Mario Kart, so I can't be all sleepy for that!

The concert was really good, even though I was super tired all day today. One of the opening acts, The Spinto Band, was very energetic and fun! And, really, a band that uses kazoos???? It's almost too good to be true! The kazoo is a very underrated instrument and that's too bad. There is so much untapped potential regarding the kazoo, and someone should really bring kazooing to the mainstream. For the children. I will most definitely be looking into getting some of their music off of iTunes or e-Music in the near future.

Rilo Kiley was amazing and I <3 them even more after seeing them live. The lead singer, Jenny Lewis, wore super sparkley silver shoes and hot pants. I'm pretty sure she's one of my new heroes for wearing hot pants with the silver shoes. Clothing aside, there were huge balloons floating around the audience for a bit and this is another shtick that needs more attention. Who doesn't love balloons? Who doesn't love HUGE BALLOONS that you can swat around like a beach ball in the middle of a concert? Nazis. That's who doesn't. And no one likes Nazis, so I think it's safe to say that everyone (sans Nazis) love balloons, therefore there should be more huge beach ball balloons in the world. I now have a sudden urge to purchase large balloons to bring to work for some cubicle volleyball, or slow-motion office basketball. Definitely one of the two.

Anyway, I really just wanted to say hi, let you know I'm still here and that I will be back soon with updates on...something. Maybe cupcakes. Or banjos. Or alligators eating marshmallows. Ooooo... I got it. Musical penguins from Antarctica who wield maracas of awesome, to help them sing their songs of praise to their whale overlords.

...you know...or something.

blog comments powered by Disqus