Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Jai guru deva om

About two weeks ago, I was hanging out with my friends and playing games. We spent nearly 5 hours playing Mario Kart for the Wii and I had a blast. I decided then that I was going to get a Wii in the near future, so that I could play Mario Kart all the freaking time. Well, last week proved to be a horrible week for me, emotionally, so on Friday night, in an effort to cheer myself up, I decided to go to Target on the off chance that they had a Wii in stock. They were out, and said they’d be getting a shipment in on Sunday, but that it was going to be in the weekly ad, so I’d have to be there by 5am Sunday morning if I wanted a chance to buy one. So, I moved on to Best Buy to try out my luck there. On my way there, I decide that either way, I’m going to get a wireless router so I can finally set up a wi-fi connection in my apartment. So, I get my router, and then head to the check out to inquire about Wiis. They, too, are out of Wiis and tell me that they get their shipments on Tuesdays, and that I should call to see if they have any then. *sigh* I’m feeling pretty defeated at this point; as though the entire world is mocking me. As I start driving home, I pass Shopko and think to myself: “Hmmm… I never shop at Shopko…maybe no one else does either and they have Wiis”. I venture to the electronics department and check out the Wii display and there are of course none there. So, I mosey to the service desk, preparing to hear the same spiel about Wii shipments. And this is how the conversation went:

Me: When do you normally get your Wii shipments?

Lady: Um, we have like 4 in back.

Me: …Seriously??

Lady: yeah.

Me: …Can I have one?

Lady: Sure, I’ll go and get one.

Me: . . .

*a few minutes pass as she goes to retrieve my Wii*

Lady: Here ya go.

Me: You just made my week!

So, to Target and Best Buy, I say this: Neener, I got my Wii and didn’t have to stalk the store in the wee (hehehe “Wii”) hours of the morning, or make border-line harassing phone calls to get one. Apparently, I just had to go where very few other gamers go to get one.

Along with my brand spanking-new Wii, I got an extra controller and nunchuck so that Jackson and I can play together, as well as Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Sadly, there was no Mario Kart to be found at any of the stores, so I ordered it from Amazon and it arrived today, so woot! After the week/weekend I’ve had, I feel that my Wii was a sound investment, since I forsee myself needing a lot of distractions in the next few weeks. To help with the distractions, Myrt has let me borrow Zelda, Wario Ware, and Super Mario Galaxy until I can build up my own library of Wii games, so <3>

Friday night, after I get home with my phat lewtz, I open up the Wii and lick it (ok. So, I lick new stuff, kind of like marking my territory “haha, my tongue touched it so it’s Mine! My tongue has claimed this in the name of the Karen!”, but something about licking my Wii sounds inherently dirty…and I like it.) After I get my Wii all set up, naturally the first thing I do is create my Mii. I actually made two me Miis: A regular me Mii and I guess an evil me Mii, with my “oooo, shiny” face. After that, I made a Jackson Mii. Jackson FREAKED OUT when he got home on Friday and said I was the coolest mom ever, which I really can’t deny. I am a pretty wicked cool mom. Jackson and I then played some Wii Sports before I sent him to bed late at 9:30. After the boy was asleep, I set up my wi-fi and I felt so accomplished after getting it all set up in under 15 minutes. I think I need my geek card now. Or geek peen. One of the two. Or both. After I was up and running, I added Crystal and Steeps to my address book, so I can send them pictures/messages/Miis. I then spent the rest of the night making Miis and checking out the channels available. Oh, and messing with the picture thingy, doodling eye patches on my pics and being goofy. I finally got to bed at about 2 and slept a whole 5 hours before Jackson woke me up.

Saturday, overall, was complete shit, so I’m just going to recap the non-shit parts. Jackson cleaned his room FINALLY (the Wii is a great motivator, BTW. Two thumbs up. Would buy again.) and I got to watch “Across the Universe” from Netflix. Now, as I was watching it, I was pretty “meh” about it, but as soon as it was over, I decided I need to buy it. It was an average movie that I know I will grow to love the more I watch it, plus the love story was pretty good and had me tearing up a few times. Oh, and I fell in love with the lead guy, but I think that wasn’t a deciding factor in my wanting to purchase it (psssh. Riiiightt. Don’t worry; even I didn’t really believe that.) Saturday night, Amie came over, bearing gifts of Wii games, which kept me up until 2am, yet again.

Sunday morning, Jackson was up BEFORE 7, so I made him snuggle with me and watch cartoons so I didn’t have to move out of bed until after 7. I played through the single player mode on Wario Ware, and then Jackson played Super Mario Galaxy, making me help him with the hard parts. Later on in the day, before dinner, we played some Wii Sports, and Jackson kicked my ASS in golf. The putter and I, we were not friends on Sunday. Not even a little. So, after I lost to a 5 year old, we decided to bowl, which I totally won, so take that little man! MOMMY IS THE BOWLING QUEEN!!

*ahem* Sorry about that…not sure where that came from… moving on.

So, we had dinner, blah, Jackson took a bath, blaaaah, I played through the first two observatories in SM Galaxy (/flex), and then my weekend ended.

It’s only Tuesday, and I’m longing for Friday already, but with good reason. I’m done at noon on Friday and will be going to see Rilo Kiley with Amie, Myrt, Crystal and Angel and Angel is totally cooking us dinner. I’m hoping she makes like a pot pie or something, so I can be all “get me my pot pie, woman!”, because I don’t get to say that nearly as often as I’d like to.


Music pick for the Day: "Across the Universe" by Rufus Wainwright (I love the Beatles, but come on: Rufus is just beautiful, aesthetically and vocally)
Beverage for the Day: water
Socks for the Day: blue and green argyle with chipmunks on them (super cute)


blog comments powered by Disqus