Sunday, March 30, 2008

You Can't Take the Sky From Me

Happy Sunday!

Hmmm... what to update on? Well, I'll just start with my weekend. I went into work yesterday for some overtime. Curt was there with me for about an hour, which made the time suck less, so yay Curt!! While I was there, my mom called. I'll give you a recap of the conversation:

Me: Hello?
Mom: Hi! Where are you?
Me: At work. What's up?
Mom: How long are you going to be at work?
Me: About another hour or so. What's up?
Mom: And then you'll be home?
Me: No. Then I have lunch plans with the Amie and Crystal.
Mom: So when do you think you'll be home? 1?
Me: Um, more like 1:30 or 2. ....why?
Mom: Well, your father and I were deciding what to do today and thought we'd come visit.
Me: But... you never come visit.
Mom: And that's why we're coming to visit! See you at 2!!!

Now, normally, I'd be all gung-ho for a visit from the parentals, but I'd already slept like ass the night before (bad night Friday), and I had plans for the day (which is rare). Could they have picked a worse day? I really think not.

So, I get done with work, go to Amie's and head to lunch at Bellafini's (which is my new favorite eatery. Quaint, delicious and new: what's not to love?) And, instead of it just being Amie, Crystal and me, Adam and Myrt came along, too, so it was fun! Curt and Brandie also came there for lunch, so I chatted with them for a bit before we finished eating. We left at around 1:30, so I had 30 minutes to get home and do some ninja-fast cleaning before my parents got to town.

My parents only stayed for about 2 hours, and I felt bad; I was practically falling asleep on my couch. I told them that next time they come up here, they should plan ahead so I can take them out for lunch or something instead of us sitting around my apartment watching TV. Plus, Jackson is at Scott's this weekend, so they didn't even get to see the peanut while they were here. Just a bad day for visiting, all around.

After my parents left, I napped until about 5:30, and went to my 'puter to check my e-mail and such. And to my surprise, I get an update from Facebook that I have a new friend request from my friend Amy, whom I've barely talked to in...god, it's been at least 2 years. I'm going to have to bug her about coming to visit us, since we haven't seen her since Christmas 2006! Anyway, after checking my email and schtuff, I went to pick up Crystal and we watched some Firefly... mmmm.. Captain Tightpants FTW.

Watching Firefly again made me remember my undying and unrequited love of Joss Whedon. 5 years ago, I was all "Joss who? Oh, the guy who did that Buffy show? Lame." But, I was kind of eased into the Joss-verse. It started innocently: watching Serenity on pay per view. It was a good movie, so I decided to look it up on IMDB. And what's this? It was based off of a short-lived TV series? I then decided to check out the series and became hooked immediately. After the first disc, I was cursing the FOX execs who cancelled the show and pimping Firefly out to everyone I know. After finishing the series, I decided to try out Joss's biggest success and started watching Buffy... and then Angel. And I now own the collectors edition box sets of both Buffy and Angel. After falling in love with all three of his TV series, I'm convinced the man can do no wrong....and that makes me all the more excited about his next two projects!! Dollhouse, which is his new series set to premiere this fall on FOX (don't fuck it up this time, FOX!), and his new web musical Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog. This...this may just be the most fantastic thing to happen to the interwebs in YEARS. Seriously, NATHAN FILLIAN and NEIL PATRICK HARRIS... in a musical!! That Joss wrote! I...it's just too much awesome for one Karen to handle!!

*deep breaths* Ok. I think I'm better now. Moving on...

Hmmm... I think that's about it. Sorry for teh boring, but I'm a boring person, so blah!

I shall now leave you with an entry from Urban Dictionary. I've been told that I have a new nickname... and that is b0rkatron.

i r the b0rkatron f34r my l33tness (yeah... I promise to never say that again. It scared even myself)

Music pick for the Day: "So Beautiful" by Dashboard Confessional
Beverage pick for the Day: Cherry Coke (I am a weak and horrible human being)
Socks for the Day: purple polka-dot knee highs!

0 comments: