Saturday, March 22, 2008

Yummy

Last weekend I watched "Bye, Bye Birdie", which was fantastic, as always. So, this last week, I'd been thinking of other musicals and my mind wandered to Marlon Brando in "Guys and Dolls" (bwha???? video removed??? well, just know that this clip was FANTASTIC!). And, thinking of Marlon Brando, my mind will always go to Stanley in "A Streetcar Named Desire". And, then my mind wandered to sweaty, wet Marlon Brando in that movie (Steeelllllaaaaaaa!)... so of course my next mind-leap went to a drenched Colin Firth in the BBC version of "Pride and Prejudice". And, that's how I spent the first part of this last week: watching Pride and Prejudice twice in 3 days (which, is 10 hours of television, so be impressed by my leet DVD watching skills). And that right there has been the highlight of my week: watching Mr. Darcy and Miss Elizabeth Bennet fall in love.

I feel the need to apologize for my overly lovey-dovey posting lately. I've been in a weird place emotionally and not sure where my life is going at the moment, and I've become fixated on the notion of finding love and being happy. Friday night I was troubled and upset, just thinking about my lonliness. But, I'm making the effort to take a step back and just worry about being me and not let my lack of man-having bring me down. On the flip side, however, I would like to branch out and meet new people and not sit at home watching DVD's night after night after night after night. The bad part about this is that this city doesn't really have places to go to meet new people, aside from the bars...and I'm not really a bar person. *sigh* I'm doomed. :(

Blerg. Now I have to go get ready so that I can head into work for some overtime today. BLERG, I say.

BLERG!

Music pick for the Day: "Kissing the Lipless" by The Shins
Beverage pick for the Day: Cherry Coke (BAD Karen. BAD!)
Socks for the Day: none. My feet are teh nekkid right now

0 comments: