Wednesday, April 02, 2008

B2

I've recently discovered Vimeo and have grown quite fond of just looking up random videos on there. Some are simply beautiful, while others are fascinating. But the best ones? The best ones are just funny! I'm going to have to attempt this version of Battleship at work sometime. I'm sure I can get Amie or Curt or Mike on board with calling me from the breakroom so I can play.

Another one of my favorite sites is Hulu . I've been on there for a few months now (I joined about 2 months before the beta ended, so yay for it being available for everyone now!) and there are things that really bug me about the site, and there are things that I completely love about it.
Hate: There are shows that are currently mid-season that they do not have videos up for. Case in point is Scrubs. I signed up for Hulu hoping to get caught up on this season's episodes and the site has yet to have any episodes listed. When I joined, there were only 2 episodes available, and they were the two most recent. I can't watch the last two without knowing what happened on the first four! Blerg, I say. Most frustrating!
Love: They now have full length movies available. Now, granted, there are commercial breaks, but just the fact that they have full length movies available for free is pretty awesome. Sure, some of the movies are pretty meh ("Permanent Midnight"? What is that??), but they also have some pretty good picks: "28 Days Later", "The Big Lebowski", "A Life Less Ordinary" and... *drum roll* "Weekend at Bernie's".

Another thing that I love about Hulu is that they not only have current shows available (sometimes... grrrr, still bitter about the lack of Scrubs for me this season), they also have older shows available: the first season of "Roswell", the first two seasons of "Buffy" and FINALLY, all three seasons of "Arrested Development". For at least a month, if not 2, they had the entire first season of "Arrested Development" up, but only had the first 5 episodes available for seasons 2 and 3. WTH? I was able to borrow a friend's copy of the seasons to finish the series, but what was the point of having partial seasons up...no, wait. I can understand if they put up, say, the 1st half of season 1, then the 2nd half after X amount of time. But to have the 1st halves of 2 different seasons available? I just don't get it!

Well, that's about it for the Karen tonight. I just restarted my Netflix again this week, so I'm off to the couch to watch "No Country for Old Men". I will most likely doze off 1/2 way through, since I'm so bloody tired tonight, but it's almost become tradition for me to snooze a bit while I watch movies.

And who am I to mess with tradition?


Music pick for the Day: "You Picked Me" by A Fine Frenzy
Beverage pick for the Day: Mountain Dew ( /e kicks herself in the bum. NO SODA!)
Socks for the Day: black with green and white argyle (so wooly and cozy on my feets..mmm)

blog comments powered by Disqus