Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bye Bye Long Hair

And hellloooooo short hair!
So, it's been ~3 years since I last chopped my hair off. I've always been a grow-my-hair-out-get-sick-of-it-and-chop-it-off kind of gal, but tonight I am venturing into new territory: I'm not only chopping my hair off, but I'm layering it, so it's gonna be kinda super short in parts, which has caused me to have a few freak-out moments these past few days. Part of me is sooooo excited to get it done, since it's new and exciting and different, and then another part of me is soooo nervous because I've never had this style before and it could look like ass, and then yet another part of me wants to rock in the corner and vomit a bit because she is scared of losing her long, blonde hair.

But! I'm not going to chicken out. I'm going to walk into the salon at 5:30 and I ain't leaving until my hair is cut and dyed.

And then, after I get my new 'do, I'm off to Joann Fabrics to get some super sweet fabric to test out my brand spankin' new sewing machine! It arrived last night, and I set it up on my kitchen table and licked it. So it's mine now. I have to get a craft table eventually, but for now the kitchen table is as good as any! I'm pretty stoked about (yup, I said "stoked") making pillows and various clothes and such! My first project, however, will be to make some sweeeeeeet drum stick cozies!! \m/ (>.<) \m/ Oh, yeah! So, I bought Rock Band last week, and let's just say that it is beyond addictive. I am a drum goddess and can rock that guitar like it's no one's business. Also, I can belt out some tunes and feel like a rockstar (man, am I metal or what??) Ok, so I'm not metal, but I can totally pretend to be in the comfort of my living room, dammit! And, to tie this into the original topic, I'm hoping my hair will add to my new rockstar persona and will somehow boost my guitaring skills so I can get my freaking 5 stars on the medium level of Paranoid! *crosses her fingers and prays to the rock gods*

Music pick for the Day:
"Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Beverage pick for the Day: Starbucks Breakfast Blend coffee
Socks for the Day: knee high pink, black and white argyle with SKULLS (totally metal!!!)


*edit* PICS!!!



^_^

0 comments: